Ok, so maybe you have been hearing all the hype about impact resistant windows and maybe you are wondering if you change out your old standard windows, then whether or not they will actually help reduce your monthly energy cost? Well the simple answer to this question would be a resounding YES! As long as the windows you decide to get are compliant with the Energy Star certification. So that brings us to the next question which is how much can you really save by replacing your existing windows and how exactly can energy efficient windows help to reduce your monthly energy expenses?
Here are a few things that you should know about Energy Efficient Windows
Energy efficient windows prevent heat loss in the winter months as well as it keeps cool air inside your home so that it does not escape and it also deflects the outside heat from entering your home which would make it hotter in the summer months. The design of these modern impact windows allows them to create an almost perfect insulation for your home. Here is some more information on an Energy Star compliant window:
- They have a coating known as Low-E or Low Emission materials. Low-E coating or other low sensitivity materials are an additional material that manufacturers use to help the windows to be more energy efficient as this will help reduce the transfer of heat.
- These windows have gas in between the panes – The type of gas that manufacturers use to fill these energy star windows are non-toxic, odorless, colorless and the typical gases that are used are krypton and argon as they have been proven to be the best for insulation.
- Unlike traditional windows that are single pane, these impact resistant windows have more than one pane of glass. With energy star windows you can expect to see at least 2 panes, but it is not uncommon to see 3 as well. The more panes of glass your window has then the best insulation you will get, such as noise and heat insulation and not to mention increase protection when you need impact resistant glass such as during a hurricane or if a burglar is trying to break your window.
- Unlike standard windows, impact windows are made from high quality conductive frame materials, so that you can have increased insulation and decrease the amount of heat transfer through the windows.
- These energy star compliant windows also make use of edge spacers as to make sure that there is the right amount of space in between each pane of glass and these are not metal spacers.
So how much can a homeowner save by getting Energy Star impact windows?
The easy answer is that it depends; there are a few factors that can determine the amount of savings you will see, such as the area of the country that you live in and the type of replacement window that you get. However, since the average homeowner will see significant savings, it’s definitely worth considering. According to Energy Star, if you do purchase energy star windows to replace single pane glass windows you can see savings anywhere from $77 to $531 each year. If you already have clear, double pane glass, you will normally see savings in the $36 to $305 range on a yearly basis.
Now earlier I had mentioned that the area of the country that you live in can also determine how much savings you will see. For example, if you live in an area like New York, then you will probably see savings around $335 each year if you replace existing single pane windows and if you are replacing double pane glass windows then you will see about $133 in savings each year.
Another benefit of installing Energy star glass windows is that you could qualify for a federal tax credit for up to 10% of the purchase price, but no more than $200. To learn more visit this website.
Cities in Broward County We Serve:
Pompano Beach FL, Oakland Park FL, Lauderdale Lakes FL, Lauderhill FL, Parkland FL, North Lauderdale FL, Hollywood FL, Dania FL, Margate FL, Sunrise FL, Coconut Creek FL, Davie FL, Coral Springs FL, Miramar FL, Weston FL, Plantation FL, Hallandale FL, Fort Lauderdale FL, Tamarac FL, Pembroke Pines FL, LightHouse Point FL, Deerfield Beach FL