If you can feel the wind coming through your windows although they are closed, then you need to look into changing them as soon as possible, because right now they are having a negative impact on your home’s energy efficiency. You should look into getting some top quality replacement windows that are energy efficient. There are a lot of consumers that have received exorbitant quotes on replacement windows, so you need to know what option is best for you before you invest in them.
There are a lot of choices that you can pick from and each product can be customized to fit your needs. But one thing you should keep in mind is that it is really hard to control the temperature inside your home, what I mean by that is even though you could have the best windows, there could be other factors that could be affecting the temperature such as small cracks and holes in the structure of your home that could easily account for 100-300 square inches. What this means is over time, these small holes or cracks could get worst and this could be the main contributor to why your energy bill isn’t going down but instead it is increasing.
So as a result in the summer you will feel too hot and in the winter you will feel too cold and you can’t forget the cost that will be involved to get those gaps filled and repaired. Typically you will find that the cold air will enter your home through hidden holes in the walls as well as the ceiling cavities. Now let us discuss some of the various types of energy efficient vinyl replacement windows that are available on the market today:
- Slider vinyl replacement windows
- Double hung vinyl replacement windows
- Casement windows
- Boy and Bay Vinyl replacement windows
Now let us discuss some of the benefits of these windows, just in case you are wondering how much better are these windows really and how they will help you to regulate the temperature on the inside of your home.
- Unlike aluminum windows, vinyl windows are made up of a low maintenance material that allow them to be virtually scratch proof, as well as they won’t corrode over time.
- They will have a long lasting appearance and they will be color fast.
- They have a higher insulation value when compared to aluminum or wood and what this means to you is that with these types of windows you will be able to better maintain a comfortable room temperature while outside your home is hot, freezing or humid.
- These windows will not let water penetrate them as they are water resistant.
Even if you do not decide to invest in impact resistant windows, you should at least consider sealing any cracks or holes that you may have to make your home better insulated, which will help to save you money. Over time though these cracks and holes will eventually come back, so for a more permanent solution you should consider investing in energy star replacement windows to properly insulate your home.
List of Service Areas in Broward County:
LightHouse Point FL, Oakland Park FL, Margate FL, Fort Lauderdale FL, Deerfield Beach FL, Parkland FL, Hallandale FL, Hollywood FL, Tamarac FL, Lauderhill FL, Coral Springs FL, North Lauderdale FL, Sunrise FL, Miramar FL, Plantation FL, Pembroke Pines FL, Dania FL, Weston FL, Lauderdale Lakes FL, Pompano Beach FL, Coconut Creek FL, Davie FL